Click for Interesting info about Essex County
Contact us today at 973-986-7631, or at: https://northjerseydisposal.com/
Do I need a rolloff dumpster? There are generally (3) options for getting rid of trash; a dumpster rental, a Bagster purchase, or a clean-out (junk removal pickup). The deciding factors for which is best for you are:
1. The Bagster is a soft-sided dumpster, made of vinyl. It has a maximum capacity of 3 cubic yards, which is about the size of a pickup truck load. It can be purchased at Home Depot, Lowes, or other stores for around $30.00. You take it home, unfold it, and fill it. You then call the phone number on the side of the Bagster for pickup. The total cost is around $250.00, making it the cheapest solution if you have (3) yards or less. And only if you have (3) yards or less. This is because the Bagster is a whopping $80.00 per yard, which is 2x the cost per yard of a dumpster. But, again if you only have 3 yards or less, and are able to load it, the Bagster is a good option. There are other limitations to using one. Find more info by clicking BAGSTER.
2. A Dumpster rental involves you calling a reputable, and licensed, company to request a specific size dumpster, based upon your needs. The contracted company delivers the dumpster to you, you load it, and then it is removed. The typical rental period is from 7-14 days. A dumpster is the most cost-effective solution, per yard, so long as you have more than 3 yards (Bagster capacity), space to drop it, and the labor to load a dumpster.
For additional dumpster rental information, please click DUMPSTER.
3. Clean-outs / Junk Removal have become popular in the past twenty years. We have all heard the commercials on radio or seen them on tv or the internet. You call a junk removal company, and they come and remove the debris from your yard, or from inside your home or garage. This is the best option for people who do not have the ability to load a dumpster or Bagster; or that do not have the room (driveway) to drop a dumpster or Bagster. A clean-out is a more expensive option since the work is being done for you. We recommend Champion Waste Removal, Inc. as a dependable clean-out company in Essex County. Please click HERE for more information,
Step 1: Have a garage sale, if you have some good stuff. Anything that you can even give away, you don’t have to pay to throw away.
Step 2: Donate any usable items, or offer them on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace.
Step 3: Put trash into as few piles as practical to determine how much trash you have. This will help in determining what size dumpster you will need. Trash always looks like less when it is spread out. Do not under-estimate. The cost for a slightly larger dumpster is much less money than that to rent a second dumpster of any size.
The most common sizes are below:
10yd (11’L x 7.5’W x 4.0’H), great for a bathroom renovation, or small cleanout.
15yd (15’L x 7.5’W x 4.0’H), an option for a small kitchen, or a small cleanout.
Step 4: Read dumpster rental company reviews on Google, and get quotes. Make sure that the company has an NJDEP license. Or simply contact Mauriello Disposal (click here), because we have been serving the community since 1912.
Step 5: Make sure that your town does not require a permit for placing a dumpster in the driveway. Some towns do, like Cedar Grove and Little Falls. Select a date to receive the dumpster. Try and minimize the rental period, as rain and snow can add to the weight / cost of the dumpster. All dumpsters come with a weight limit as protection for the hauler; who pays by the ton to dump.
Step 6: Call the selected company and order / rent a dumpster. Be sure to tell them of any over-head wires, branches, or of a driveway incline / decline. Also tell them where in the driveway you would like the dumpster dropped. Tell them if you will be using the dumpster door, which is in the rear of the dumpster. This is important because the door swings out, and will need at lest 8 feet of clearance behind the dumpster to open. You need not be home to receive the dumpster. In fact, 80% of our customers are not home for the delivery.
* Make sure that the driveway is clear. Narrower streets / driveways may require that the parking spaces across from the driveway be open. Leave some wood planks for under the wheels; if potential driveway damage is a concern. Wood that is at least 3 feet long and 1 foot wide will do… nothing fancy.
Step 7: Load the dumpster. Try and be somewhat strategic to maximize the space. Do not load above the top. Be sure to close, and secure, the dumpster door once it is 90% full. Otherwise, it could be very difficult to close the door.
Step 8: Schedule the pickup, making sure that the driveway is again clear.
* On pricing and weight limits… haulers pay by the ton to dump your trash. So, all dumpsters come with a weight limit to protect the hauler from losing money. I prefer to offer a lower rental rate, with a lower weight limit. This way the customer only pays more if the dumpster is over- weight.
* Be sure and request a disposal weight ticket for any over-weight charges.
We are your best choice for a dumpster rental in Essex County because we are local and experienced. Whether you have a construction project, a move, or just want to de-clutter, give us a call. Our experienced staff will advise you on the best dumpster size. As a family-owned business, we take pride in helping our Essex County neighbors with projects big and small… honest & depandable since 1912
Just Click on Town
Great news! 07044 is covered in our area of service.
Call us at 973-986-7631 to review options or get started.
Our drivers will drop-off dumpster to chosen location.